Friday, July 22, 2011

SCMP: Aaron Kwok to suit up for Ferrari lovers challenge

British menswear brand Kent & Curwen opened its first pop-up store in Central's Landmark mall this week and, not surprisingly, brand ambassador Aaron Kwok Fu-shing showed up looking dapper.

But Kwok will be changing into a more practical racing outfit on Sunday - though equally stylish, as it bears the Kent & Curwen logo - at the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Asia-Pacific series in Shanghai.

The event, which began in Italy in 1993, gives Ferrari loyalists like Kwok the chance to take the cars out on the racetrack.

Kwok, known for his passion - or is that obsession - for sports cars, was obviously excited about the race.

"I've already done two test drives in Zhuhai since I got the car. I came fourth once, but in the other one I didn't do as well," he said. "But I hope to take a top-three spot in the official challenge."

Asked if he'd like his long-time-rumoured model-girlfriend Lynn Xiong Dailin to head a team of cheerleaders supporting him at the race, Kwok said: "I know most guys perform better when they have girls cheering for them, but it doesn't really work for me."

The star said, however, that anyone would be welcome to go and watch him race in Shanghai.


(Sina)

No comments: