Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SCMP: I just want to marry and have children, actress Shu Qi reveals

Kobi Chan
Aug 10, 2011


"I want to get married. I want to have children," actress Shu Qi said at the launch of Swiss watchmaker Frederique Constant's charity bracelet in aid of the Children's Heart Foundation at Tsim Sha Tsui's The One mall.

It's not the sort of thing you hear an award-winning actress say every day, but then Shu is not your ordinary girl.

She could have been motivated by the children benefitting from the scheme who were at Saturday's ceremony. She shared her experience of visiting a children's hospital in Beijing on behalf of the brand, saying: "The kids are strong and brave. Their smiles can bring happiness to others. We have so much to learn from them."

She may also have been inspired by a telephone chat she'd had with a friend the night before.

"I've always thought you can't really rush love because it's destiny. But my friend said love might never come to me if I continue focusing only on my career. I really need more time. If you looked at my schedule you'd know, I don't even have time to sleep," she added.

The beauty denied rumours, however, of a recent budding romance with Taiwanese actor-singer Wang Leehom.

"We have been friends for years. All my rumoured boyfriends are just friends and nothing more."


(Photos)

2 comments:

Walter said...

I think a lot of guys would want to marry Shu Qi, she doesn't have anything to worry about. :)

dleedlee said...

Conservative future-in-laws might be too much to overcome, though. Sad, really.